Lauren Saint-Onge is a professional illustrator and concept artist located in Boston Massachusetts. She currently works as a full time artist at Harmonix Music Systems and as a freelance illustrator.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Bleed Redcoats

I love history. I really do and I'm sorry I never fell into it earlier. Degree Project has been the coolest thing I have ever done as an artist. And it's nice to know that my art is based on something more than fantasy or a whim. If I look back to my freshman year, I see that it was actually a three year build up to this senior year explosion of the Revolutionary War. Washington was in my freshman "journey" postcard; the first assignment I ever did for art school. I never thought anything of it. 
 I wish i had the opportunity sooner to go off and develop a project on something you're wholeheartedly dedicated to without a sane reason in mind.
After reading 10 biographies on Washington, I think it's safe to say that I've passed the border of obsession. Which is fine with me. Because I want to do this for the rest of my life. I make a habit of fiercely promising myself to things until I achieve them or have several consecutive nervous breakdowns, and THEN achieve them.  

Three years ago I promised myself that I would become a video game concept artist or die trying.
Too bad. 
General Washington is WAY cooler than any space marine.

I'm also the only person who still likes their Degree Project...



and associates it with Mayan Philosophy.


No comments:

Post a Comment